New HOA rules regarding recruitment for the 2019-2020 season:
HOA’s current recruiting policy (the “Recruiting Policy”) is being revised effective immediately to improve the overall experience for players and parents. The purpose for this revision is to eliminate the negative consequences that occur when teams begin communicating with players about the upcoming season before the player’s current season is complete. This type of conduct is unfair to all involved and impairs the performance of HOA teams and players at important late season tournaments. The following recruiting policy will allow players to enjoy their current season in its entirety by restricting all recruiting communications until the end of the season.
1. Responsible Parties. This Recruiting Policy applies to all registered players, parents, coaches, and club administrators, or anyone acting on their behalf (each referred to as a “Responsible Party” or collectively as “Responsible Parties”).
Responsible Parties are required to comply with the Recruiting Policy andeducate those they encounter about the Recruiting Policy. For example, Club administrators are responsible for communicating the Recruiting Policy to coaches and teams that operated under the Club; Coaches are responsible for communicating the Recruiting Policy to all player and family members associated with a team. Players are responsible for communicating HOA’s Recruiting Policy to family members and friends.
2. Recruiting Activities. A “Recruiting Activities” involves any form of direct or indirect communication with an HOA member regarding the current or future team/club membership of the Member or any other member that occurs during the Restricted Period (defined below), including but not limited to, direct or indirect communications with ANY current player regarding a guaranteed spot on a team for next year’s season, or an indication to a player that they do NOT have a spot on a team for next year’s season before Junior Nationals or before a team’s club season is complete.
3. Reporting Obligations. Players with direct knowledge of perceived Recruiting Activities involving them must report the incident through the HOA online reporting system (Recruitment Violating Reporting Form). Anonymous or third-party reports are also not allowed. Reports by phone or email will NOT be accepted.
Disregard or failure to report first-hand knowledge of potentially improper Recruiting Activities may subject the player to sanctions for the actions of others, including but not limited to, parents, relatives or other persons.
4. Permitted Recruiting Period Starts July 9th. Each player has a Permitted Recruiting Period for Recruiting Activities which begins on July 9thof each year and remains open until a player commits in writing to play on a particular team for the upcoming season.
During the Permitted Recruiting Period, a Responsible Party may contact any player to discuss plans or options for the upcoming season. If Recruiting Activities reveal that a player has committed in writing to a team for the upcoming season, then the Permitted Recruiting Period for that player ends and all Recruiting Activities thereafter are strictly forbidden until July 9thof the following year.
Any Responsible Party who continues to engage in Recruiting Activities after learning that a player’s Permitted Recruiting Period has ended is in violation of the Recruiting Policy. It is recommended that the first question with any Recruiting Activities should be: Have you committed in writing to a team for the upcoming season?
The Only Exception to July 9th: If a team does not qualify to attend Nationals, then the teamthat the player is registered with for the season, or the team’s club, may communicate an offer to a player for the upcoming season AFTER the team completes its last tournament of the current season. This offer must be for a team within the current club. This offer must be communicated and accepted in writing. Stated differently, the ONLY recruiting allowed prior to July 9this recruiting that occurs within a cluband AFTER the player’s team completes its last tournament of the season. Any communication that would require a player to changetheir current club affiliation remains restricted until July 9th.
5. Player Commitment to a Club other than the Current Club. No individual player and/or parent/guardian on behalf of a player is permitted to sign an agreement, to compete with a club other than the current club in the 2019/20 HOA sanctioned indoor volleyball season, prior to July 15, 2019.
Prior to July, 15, 2019, individual players and/or parent/guardians of individual players are also expressly prohibited from paying any dues and/or deposits for the 2019/20 volleyball season.This includes payments for leagues, camps, clinics etc, that are in any form linked to a commitment to the club for the 2019/20 season. Verbally committing to a club and then paying for mandated workouts is a violation of this policy. If this policy is violated, the player will be prohibited from competing for the club with which he/she signed an agreement or made a deposit during all 2019/20 HOA sanctioned indoor competitions. A 2nd infraction of the policy will prohibit the player from competing with any club for the season.
6. Violations and Sanctions. HOA’s investigation into improper Recruiting Activities, and determination as to whether violations have occurred, will be at the sole discretion of HOA Staff and Board of Directors based on the specificity and severity of the facts reported. If HOA determines that Recruiting Activities occurred outside a player’s Permitted Recruiting Period, then HOA will impose sanctions against all Responsible Parties involved. Sanctions may include monetary fines, team/player tournament suspensions, or revocation of HOA membership. HOA reserves the right to impose sanctions against HOA members based on actions of non-members if appropriate under the circumstances.
HOA reserves the right to impose any sanction(s) it deems appropriate under the circumstances. The following are examples intended only to illustrate the significance that HOA places in the enforcement of this Recruiting Policy.
PLAYER IS PROHIBITED FROM PARTICIPATING IN ANY USAV OR HOA EVENTS FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE CURRENT SEASON AND THROUGH JANUARY OF THE UPCOMING SEASON.
NOTE: If the violation does not come to light until after the regular club season and the player is enrolled in the NEW club when the violation due process is completed, then that player may NOT participate in any USAV/HOA practice or tournament through January of the following season.
IMMEDIATE SUSPENSION OF USAV/HOA MEMBERSHIP AND SUSPENDED USAV/HOA MEMBERSHIP FOR THE FOLLOWING SEASON.
THAT COACH WILL BE SUSPENDED FROM ALL COMPETITIONS AND PRACTICES FOR 45 DAYS FROM THE TIME THE VIOLATION IS VALIDATED. THEY WILL BE PUT ON PROBATION FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE CLUB SEASON (THIS COULD INCLUDE NOT PARTICIPATING IN JR NATIONALS IF THAT IS WITHIN THE 45 DAY WINDOW). IF THE VIOLATION DUE PROCESS IS COMPLETED AFTER THE CURRENT SEASON, THAT COACH WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY PRACTICES OR TOURNAMENTS IN DECEMBER AND JANUARY OF THE FOLLOWING SEASON.
IF ANY ADDITIONAL VIOLATIONS BY A COACH OR ANYONE LINKED TO THE COACHOCCURS REGARDING THESE RECRUITING RULES, THE COACH OR OTHER PERSON WILL NOT BE ALLOWED MEMBERSHIP IN USAV/HOA FOR THE ENTIRE FOLLOWING SEASON.
Contact us for more information about Elite or future seasons.
Check back often as the current season comes to an end and camps and open gyms are added.
There are several ways to achieve placement on one of our teams.
We have several different levels of teams which one fits your player best?
Each team available is posted on one of our team categories
National (force), Premier (gold), Select/silver, or Elite Training Academy (ETA)
Elite Premier (Gold and Force) - Players of the highest effort level and highest skill level. Some height restrictions all ages
Elite Select (Silver and Select) - Players of high effort levels and improving skill levels. No height restrictions all ages
Elite Training Academy (ETA) - Players of good effort level and coachable attitude. No height restrictions ages 13 under
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT LEVEL MY PLAYER IS?
You can sign up for a player evaluation. It is a very specific training lesson to go over all skills. We assess what level your player would be considered at that time. Additional training, camps, clinics and lessons can modify this level and improve it but this is what we see at first impression. Offers can be made at this time. You can choose between a half hour evaluation of skills or a full hour that includes the evaluation and some training.
WHAT TEAMS HAVE OPENINGS, HOW MANY PLAYERS IS THE CLUB LOOKING FOR?
At Elite, we have an average of an 80% return rate so some teams can have limited spots open. We adjust the number of teams for each age group each year based on the number of returning players plus the interest from that age group at spring and summer skills sessions and inquiries. Our offers are based on ability, not team openings, which means that if your daughter receives as offer for a 14 gold team, she will play on a 14 gold team or better. We will not give an offer for a 14 select or silver team just because there is an opening there. We want all of our athletes to be challenged and not end up on a lower team just because there was an offer there. We will have up to date numbers on openings at any Elite activities or player evaluations as recruiting season progresses. No official offers can be signed by any player or parent prior to July 15 starting the 2019-2020 season.
HOW ARE OFFERS GIVEN? HOW WILL I KNOW WHAT TEAM WE ARE COMMITTING TO?
We can present you with an offer at anytime after we have seen your player. If we feel we have enough information about your player to assess a level we will make them an offer at that level. Offers require a deposit to hold a players spot and will have a deadline for commitment. Each offer is different please refer directly to yours for more information. Read Completely.
We do not make teams and FILL them. We offer levels and then make teams.
If we give out 40 offers for 15 silver and 30 players commit we will then have 3 - 15 silver teams. We will set them up as equal teams.
If we give out 15 offers for 15 gold and we have 7 players commit we will have 1 - 15 gold team of 7 players.
Coaches are placed on teams after they are made. Coach chosen for each team is based on previous evaluations and records. All coaches are impact certified and have extensive coach training. All Coaches keep stats on all players for the entire season and is a coaching requirement. Player development during the season is available with additional training from Coach Bre or Chris in season (additional charges apply).
ONCE WE ACCEPT AN OFFER WHAT NOW?
Send in your offer letter and deposit and You are a member of Elite Volleyball- Welcome! You will be put on our club email list and have access to club events, teams and training that is only available to Elite players. You will be guaranteed placement on the team you were offered. Offers can not be taken away. It is a guarantee from us to you as a member. If you would like to be considered for a higher level after signing, another evaluation or viewing of your player can be done to see if advancement is applicable. Players can be moved up but will NEVER be moved down (unless requested by player/parent).